Friday, 21 October 2011

Pre-Birthday Celebrations for my ah Thiang!

21 October 2011

I planned my surprised advance birthday celebration waayyyyyyy before I leave for Germany... yes, as early as two weeks in advance!  Pre-booked a "party of two" at Morton's The Steakhouse on 15 October... a lomantic dinner just the two of us - restaurant had his name printed on the menu and decorated our tables with little confetti!  Very nice dining ambience, staffs were very friendly (walked us thru the WHOLE menu with her super power memory...!) and very helpful (offered to take photos for us when they saw me took out my camera...!).  ++IMPRESSED!++
 
I did my homework before coming to Morton's.  Read through the online reviews, I am warned of the HUGE serving portions but still... anyways, we ordered the 3-course steak & seafood combo set... at S$108++/pax and it comes with the following:
  1. caesar salad - YUMS, very nicely tossed with their blue cheeses... many leaves, so crunchy and juiceeee... HAHA
  2. a single cut of filet mignon...
  3. and a choice of either scallops, prawns and crab cake...
We also ordered espresso martinni and lobster bisque to our meal.  The waiter suggested we spilt into two servings... so glad we did...!  After our dinner, the staff showed us a TRAY of deserts for the day although knowing that we are too full to place any desert order and whats' more, the restaurant has already informed us that they will throw in a free hot chocolate molten cake to celebrate his birthday!  ++Shwweeeeeeet!++  The staff took a photo of us with the cake and gave it to us in a Morton's pouch, hand-signing off "Happy Birthday Arthur from Mortons!"  ++AWwwwwwwwwwwwwh++

Almost every table are celebrating birthdays at Morton's!  HAHA.  Total bill cost me over S$300+...  (well, now I have lesser to spend for my Germany trip...) but what matters most is ah Thiang enjoyed himself!  YAY!

After dinner, we met Yeo to catch the movie <<Real Steel>>... everyone says good... Pauline even wants to watch the second time!  ++SURE BO???++  I find it so-so nia... alright lah....


So... another birthday celebration with the Yeos' on 16 October!  Jess says celebrate same weekend because I won't be around the weekend next... and she is buying us dinner!  They have birthday lunch with Serene after church service, so we only met up for dinner and drinks... we went Antoinette at Mandarin Gallery... another atas dining place... their foie gras wasn't as nice (or you called it JUICER) than Shin Kushiya... I only steal alittle bite from Jess's plate.  :P  As usual, we ordered a sliced of their signature cake and wisper Birthday song to ah Thiang!  We went drinking at Malones Irish pub after dinner located at Somerset 313 and Jess developed rashes after the drinks... hope she recover her rashes by now...


Await for the last surprise to ah Thaing while I'm away in Germany.... gotten Jasmine to arrange to courier the 'present' to ah Thiang on 24th October... hopefully he is in office to recieve it personally!  Woooo wooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment