Tuesday, 20 September 2011

SIN/JKT/SIN - Day 2

20 September 2011

Localized local delights!

Yesterday I was complaining that I am unable to get any 'local' food for my meals... and today, I managed to taste their very own localized food locally!

Guess what.  The KFC I had in Bali was the standard combo I had in SG... and here, we have rice to replace the burger!  ONLY rice and a drumstick in that combo box.  Not sure where my colesaw and wipped potato gone to... and that's for my lunch.  I have been starved to hell!  :(

After completing the setup of booth, it was already 7+pm (SIN time) I am so so so exhausted and plus our dear Alex is nowhere familiar with the places around our hotel.  So no massage and local food (wonder does he only goes office and back home then office then home... then office then home?)

The car passby a padang store just very nearby our hotel (about 50m by foot) and we just setttled this for our dinner tonight.  WOW.  I loved their ox-tail soup and I had TWO servings... soup = comfort food... yums!!!  I thought local food will mean ayam penent and tauhu telor but no, this is like our 杂菜饭 ~ the high class version... like The Rice Table - they serve you many small dishes, eat all you can and pay only one price... but here, you were displayed with many plates of small dishes, and you pay if you 'touched' or eat them.  Those not consumed at the end of the meal, will not be charged but put back to the heaps of displays at the counter for the next customer.  OK.  I only go to The Rice Table... not local padang store anymore.

Despite there isn't any fancy malls (the faceshop mask here sells like S$6.80/pc when I can get them at JB for S$2.80/pc! wtf.) and massage that we can visit, the hotel I am staying serves very nice morning breakfast - such a consolation!  This is very different from the rest of the hotels I have stayed for the past travellings... and just by looking at the in-room dining menu, I am so eager to try their ox-tail soup, gado gado tomorrow!  I should have flipped the in-room menu yesterday...  ++yum yum++  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment