Friday, 23 September 2011

I WANT TO GO HOME!

23 September 2011

Horrendous night spent at the JKT Airport!

I encountered a werid night in my room yesterday on the very last night of my JKT stay... while I was still working and watching the TV, the aircon suddenly started blowing (when it was supposed to be off ) and the TV was auto off!  I called the reception and was asked to try re-slotting in the room card... and it worked.  Everything was in order... then another 5-10mins later, it happened again... I tried the second time then shortly my phone in the room rang... when I was about to pick it up, it hung up.  HOW?  So WERID!

I try not to think so negative... and decided to go bed... and while I am getting ready to sleep the TV went off again (this time the aircon was still OFF)!  WARAO eh!!!  I called the airline and asked if there are any seats on the next available flight but it was already 12am and airport counter and airline office were closed and only way to check the available seats are to be done at the airport personally.  I checked online and the earliest flight was 5.50am and I proceed to check out the hotel!  It was about 12.30am when I checked out of the hotel...

The moment I reached airport, I regretted my hrash decision... the airport was closed!  It wasn't like how Singapore operated their 24h airport.  It was a pitch dark walkway with people sleeping on the benches (with and without luaggages...).  "Is this place safe...?"  I asked myself.  The airport in JKT is closed for operation from 12am-3.30am as their earliest flight is 5.05am therefore nobody will be working!  Even those traveller on transit will be asked to leave the airport and wait outside!  ++DAMN++

I couldn't place myself with those people sleeping on benches... and I strolled up and down outside the airport... then suddenly I saw an ang mo lady reading her books in this coffeeshop...  I decided it was OK to sit with them while waiting for the gate to be opened.  This Indo-chinese guy seated behind me kept chatting with me...  I worried that he might be a professional cheater (he told me his domestic flight was delayed for 3hrs and he was in the airport since 8am till now - you believe anot?) and I am so sleepy and tired but still entertained him for awhile before I popped my iPod into my ears and ignore him...  I couldn't sleep and dare not to sleep... so worried that I will be robbed blah blah blah...

By 3.20am, the departure gate opened...  I quickly Q-ed to get in and so worried that I might not be granted in due to my flight is about 14hrs before departure time!  Luckily the guard let me in and I RAN to SQ counter to have my flight changed to 5.50am.  FWAH, I couldn't be more thankful than anything else... after I got my amended flight ticket I went straight to the immigration counter to check in.  I felt so safe after I had my passport stamped and seated by the boarding gate trying to catch a nap before getting on the flight....

Not to mentioned the horrible services I got from the ol' SQ woman on the flight back, this is the most unbearable moment and darkest night from all my travelling days...

When I related my incident to my friends, some say I was brave... some say I should have change a new room or even bunk in my night with my colleagues/boss (they didn't even know I took the first flight back! shhhhhhhhh~)... erm... I don't know... I couldn't sleep and wanted to go home so badly.  I should have been more 理智 and not rush into such 冲动 decision that might landed myself into such unnecessary trouble in such UNSAFE hazy city!  :(

Singapore traffic, my ah Thiang and my bed... YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment