Monday, 25 March 2013

Excursion with Bishan Home's Residents!

25 March 2013

Sharing my first experience in participating an excursion with the residents from Bishan Home organized by Bishan CC YEC - one word; CHALLENGING.

Yes, my second time doing volunteering work.  The group chartered a bus and brought the residents to Singapore Flyer (initial plan was also to visit Gardens by the Bay too but due to the scorching weather and time constrain, we only managed to visit one location but that means we have the next time to bring them out!) and we had lunch at the Singapore Food Trail before sending them back to the home.

ah Thiang was allocated to another capsule - so just the three of us! / View from our capsule! / The capsule of us! / Careen and me / Sim Cik and me / My partner Moi and me (she was a woman of very little words... very cool okay, hardly wanna join us to take photo - see, she didn't even wanna smile! I think she likes to sing coz I heard her humming to a tune on the ride back!) / Group photo - total about 40 of us!

 
Saturday brunch-out at Food for Thought at Botanic Gardens after volunteering with the Bishan Home and also managed to update a blog post in the evening after I 'replenished' my beauty sleep!  #meaningful Saturday!
 

"It's never about how much you have but how much you can give... Thanks y'all for helping out!" - quoted by Sim Cik  *psssst, thanks for the treat too, Sim Cik!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment