Sunday, 30 September 2012

祝大家中秋节快乐!

30 September 2012

It was a kind of tradition for the newlywed to receive lanterns from the 娘家 and light up the lanterns on this festive season.  By doing so, the newlywed will soon have babies - 添丁; it will be boys I guessed, because my Moma got us a pair of birds (if you know what I mean... lol)!  They are made from a very traditional glass-paper materials!  Old skool right.  I know.  Everyone walked past us was like "WOW, looked so traditional..." (or orbit, if you like) when they saw us holding the glass-paper lanterns (cos their lanterns were either battery operated or made of paper-type materials).  *so prouda my Moma*

We had a short walk at Central after our dinner then to Hong Lim Park (to continue show off my lanterns) before heading home for some tea and mooncakes.  :))

ah Thiang helping me set up my lantern / 'nah' impaitently - first word he said to me after numerous attempts of lighting up the candle from the strong wind / Loved my old skool glass-paper birdy lanterns!


今年带着不一样的心情过中秋。 因为今早送走了 Veny,陪了她走完最后的旅程 (相信她将会去到更美好的世界)。。。 也因为她,我们 (ok lah, not 我们 because Jessica was also ah Thiang's poly-mate... so, only me lah hor... anyways, details are not important...) I repeat.  我们也结交了新朋友 - Jessica & Calvin. 谢谢 Veny.

No comments:

Post a Comment