Sunday, 1 July 2012

SIN/VN/SIN - Day 1

01 July 2012

Hello to second-half of 2012!  My one week stint in Saigon starts today!

Checked into Norfolk Hotel and did a quick lunch at the restaurant, located level in the hotel before heading to SECC for setup day 1...  Everything from the toast garlic bread, oxtail soup and the steak was GOOD!  Happy tum tum and I am off to work... a short setup day as part of the stuffs weren't delivered and have to wait for tomorrow... but we managed to setup the 'main' feature at the booth.  :)  Hopefully tomorrow will complete by lunch and I can get back to hotel and do my reporting...

Dinner was adventurous.  Jessie says go Saigon must eat French food.  So I googled where to have French food nearby or within District 1 to try the recommended restaurants.  Unfortunately the first choice wasn't open so I got the taxi uncle to drive me to the next destination (didn't I say I am adventurous?  never did I ever just take a taxi and drove to find food... it's all walking within distance from my hotel lor...).  Food was OK.  I didn't quite enjoy one of the starter, foie gras... too ger-liat for me and I am too full to even have the desserts served.  Tomorrow will try some local pho instead...  I forsee-ed meaty meaty meals ahead...  LOL!

Did not managed to find any massage parlour nearby... next to-do tasks on the list!  Must be CHEAP, clean and good!  :)

Norfolk Hotel / Corso Steakhouse & Bar / L'entete French Restaurant > set meal at VND900,000!


Corso Steakhouse & Bar
Norfolk Hotel
117 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

L'entete
139 Nguyen Thai Binh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

No comments:

Post a Comment