Thursday, 5 July 2012

SIN/VN/SIN - Day 4 & 5

05 July 2012

There is nothing much for me to explore city of Saigon after being here for like the fourth or fifth time... other than daily trips visiting my booth and back to hotel to catch up some work, I also googled on some nice food places to try.  Why I no find out the nice places to eat when ah Thiang and I first came to Ho Chi Minh City?  :(

Planned to go Zan Z Bar for one of my lunches but when I got there, the exterior did not attract me to go in and I continued to walk down the street and stumbled upon Al Fresco (which is also in my to-visit list) and tried their famous baby back ribs.  I must say they are as good as Tony Romas'!

As I was saying, I must eat ice-cream right... so I googled again and found Fanny Ice-Cream and MOF... since SG has MOF and I make my way down to Fanny.  This place is so so SO nice.  So much prettier than the normal ice-cream shops in SG.  I think I will come back the 2nd or 3rd time before I leave.  Know what, I have actually asked 3 person on the street on how-to-get-there!  And when I reached there, I was like "tiew... " I could have cut from this street to that street and so on...  Now I am much clever now...  I know exactly which street can led to which shop/restaurant from which junction.  #pattingmyhead

Saw that there was a Japanese BBQ located next to Saigon Square... and decided to have it for dinner.  Seating arrangement was similar in the usual Japanese restaurant, you get roller blinds as partition from the guest next seat and a personal BBQ stove.  Food was meh and only realized that I have not eaten rice since the day I got here!  Gah.  So much meaty mains like steak, ribs, roti and such...  Oh boy, go back home must turbo detox liao.

MOF in Ho Chi Minh City is slightly different from the one in SG.  They no serve Korean food like bimbimbak in their menu.  Had some udon tonkatsu set and garlic fried rice.  Don't judge me.  Who say I am a small eater?  I am just a hungry SG woman who is having a very late lunch based on SG timing.  LOL!  Btw, the Vietnamese milk coffee here sucks.  NOT. COMING. BACK.

I also visited Black Cat restaurant, which was featured on CNN.com as one of the top 10 must-eat in the world!  I love their wallpapers especially the one has many many giantic baguettes in the restaurant (I even get the staff to take a photo for me!).  LOL!  They are famous for their jumbo-sized burgers (do you realized that there is no McDees in HCMC...?  if you need a burger fix, then try here...  I am not a small eater but this is way too big for me to digest.  :P).  Their burger size is as BIG as Yeo's face (汉堡大过大男生!)... proofs of pictures are all over the restaurant's wall, no bluff!


Tomorrow will be my last night in Ho Chi Minh City... I hope I can find at least one more new food places to feast before heading to rainy Singapore (why you no rain when I'm back home?!?!)!  Boooo...  I missed my ah Thiang!

Al Fresco
27 Dong Du, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Fanny Ice Cream
on side of Sun Wah Building, middle part of Pasteur and Nguyen Hue Street
29-31 Ton That Thiep Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Uraetei BBQ Japan
next to Saigon Square
69-71 Nam Ki Khoi Nghia Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

MOF Japanese Sweets & Coffee
30 Le Loi Avenue (Pasteur Street), District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Black Cat Restaurant
13 Phan Vat Dat, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

No comments:

Post a Comment