Tuesday, 12 November 2013

3rd Trimester - Me at week 30, Baby N at week 33!

12 November 2013

My eleventh appointment - *calendar week 30 was earlier than expected (okay lah, one day ahead of the scheduled date)... visited Gynae on Friday instead of Saturday's appointment due to acute cramps, some called it "contractions" or Braxton Hicks as early as at 4.17am until I 冒冷汗!  I had this same cramp on Monday at 3+am... but it wasn't that painful as Friday's morning.

After Gynae's ultrasound scan, he found out that Baby N's current position, that is so-called "transverse" position (his head suitated on my right side and legs on the left side) is not ideal for natural delivery, and also means if he remains in this position and kicks harder, he might just break the waterbag.  Either both I will have to go through a c-section delivery or a a pre-term labour.  Depressing right?

We did measurement of Baby N - his head now measuring 8.22cm and weighs 1810gm!  Seriously on the big side as the scan indicates he is in his week 33 growth!  Unable to get a snap of the ultrasound scan for this visit so gonna try my luck on my next visit then.  :(

I was later asked to do a 45mins CTG scan (scanning of baby's heart beat) and resulting that I have interval minor contractions!  Gynae say I have an irratitable uterus and gave me an option to bed rest or admit to hospital for stay-in observation.  We chose the latter option - had a "staycation" at Mount Alvernia for the weekend.

During my stay, I did another round of CTG scan and had my blood pressure taken thrice... everything was OK except very slight cramp early in the mornings, once.  Gynae discharged me on Sunday and granted me a 2-weeks hospitalization leave - and now I am home clearing emails and updating my little e-space.  Not sure of how much my "staycation" gonna cost us... but it's sure yet another hefty bill for month of November.

So so glad that Baby N's head has gone down to the 'ideal' position after my review with the Gynae yesterday!  Credits goes to ah Thiang, who did a lot of homework on how to change the baby's position... he made me do all sort of exercises and practise sitting positions hoping they will help... and miraclely they did!  He is such a dearie!  *muacks!*

Some peektures over my weekend "staycation" in Mount Alvernia!


No comments:

Post a Comment