Monday, 14 January 2013

Sashimi & Dim Sum Weekend!

14 January 2013

Simple weekend; Just the two of us.

Feasting yummy food and watching series epsoides of Running Man together over the weekend.  I am missing my nap times...  :(

We are back again for nice and fresh sashimis at Sakuraya!  Kick-started our Saturday with a yummy sashimi brunch at 4pm-ish as ah Thiang is working (and for the next few Saturdays too).  Then a 'lil shopping around the mall and end our Saturday evening with a foot massage (overheard the masseuse attending to me won the lottery first prize!  it's worth a 10grant leh!).  Life's good.


Then on Sunday, we had dim sum breakfast with the papa-inlaw at the newly opened 陆羽茶楼 in Chinatown Point!  We are the first customer at 10am (they opened at 8am on weekends and we actually booked the table in advance just in case it gets crowded like Yan Palace) but in the picture, we like booked the whole restaurant!  Haha.  Crowd only started to come in like after 11am...  I liked the deco especially the wall with full of chopsticks and was told that they operates under the same management as Kenko Wellness (what a diversement of investment!).

Well, the 皮蛋粥 was the worst I ever had.  Not sure if it was my taste bud or what, very super bland and I thought I can salvage the taste by adding soya sauce but it just got worser... yikeeees!  Not cheap you know, cost S$5.90++ per serving/bowl.  Any other porridge stall would have served much tastier bowl at S$4.  Aside from the poor-tasting porridge, it was siew-mai-licious and they served not-too-bad dumplings and pork-ribs too.


Our spending last weekend, coughed up to S$400... my poor husband needs to cut down on his expenditure in the next coming weeks... *cough cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment