Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Nana's Green Tea Cafe

30 January 2013

Met up with Julie for dinner last evening and we tried one of the new restaurants located on the new wing of Plaza Singapura - Nana's Green Tea Cafe!

I read reviews that this is the first outlet outside of Japan!  Decorated in zen style, the use of wooden frames as table that kinda creates a private space between the diners in an open concept cafe (somehow the wooden frame made me felt like visiting a prisoner, without having the glass panel in between and missing the talking phone...  drama drama... heh).


Menu has wide selection of Matcha drinks and desserts.  Julie ordered the Ebi Fried Curry Udon and I had the Gyu Shabu Goma Dare Udon that is served cold!  It contained all my favorite bites - cherry tomato, corn, cucumber, udon and best of all - their special seasame sauce as "soup base"!  Minus points are the sliced beef that are abit over cooked.  Overall still yum yum.  :)  If I have a choice, I will order again, minus the beef.

Requested to have our drink served after meals so that we can catch up alittle before we both head home for an early night.  My Matcha Latte was served very thick and has this 'powdery' after-taste and I had to add sugar plus more sugar syrup (kooped from Julie's as she preferred to have less sweeten stuffs) otherwise it will still taste bitter...  My preference is still Starbucks'.  I'll come back for the desserts next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment