Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Down with Dengue!

30 July 2014

Month of July just flew passed in a blink of my eye.  Yes.  I was down with dengue and on medical leave for the past two weeks.  No joke - I can die you know... and thinking that my darling baby N is only 6 months old... how to bear to leave him behind... so scary!  But now I am into the road of recovery... and I have to recover fast fast because I am going on a holiday soon!

Last night ah Thiang saying whether he wanna book the sweet deals (two to go) or flying solo for his Beijing trip next month... of course book the sweet deals lah (no need ask de right...)!  I was so excited and couldn't sleep and at the same time feeling uber guilty as I will be leaving my baby N behind... booohoooo!  *wtf*


  • 15 July - feeling super awful and body aching all over (baby N also happen to be feverish at the same time, but it subsided the next day... maybe due to teething...)!
  • 16 July - seen doctor and got a two days mc...
  • 18 July - came back office to submit something urgent then wonder why my fever did not subside despite eating days of Panadol.  Did blood test and result should be out the next day morning but clinic did not call and I continued to be awful for the rest of the weekend...
  • 21 July - called clinic about my blood test result and I was told the result came Dengue positive and asked to go SGH A&E (dang, I should have gone to Raffles hospital!!!!).  The doctors poked me with more needles for blood test and put on drip but still won't admit me and made me waited at the A&E department together with full of trolleys of patients waiting for their admission.  After hours, I was asked to go back and rest and given a 6-days hospitalization leave and told to go for blood test every alternate days.  Moved back to Mama's place to recuperate and my very very thoughtful ah Thiang brought baby N, MIL and Jessie to visit me in the later evening... with more 100+ drink, thermometer and fever patch!  *scored more love points*
  • 23 July - did another round of blood test before going home (results show signs of increasing in the count of platelet)!
  • 26 July - yet another round of blood test to check if I am fit to go back work after the Hari Raya holidays...  Doctor gave me another day mc since the result will only be out on Tuesday morning...
  • 30 July - yes, back to reality!  Cannot get used to not waking up early for the past two weeks... *yawns*


The persistent fever that won't go away...!


At SGH A&E 'trolley' waiting for admission...


Face-timing with both my darlings - part I (missing my snuggle bug badly...)


Face-timing with both my darlings - part II (so jelly here seeing ah Thiang has all the attention from baby N!)


Marks from the blood tests after blood tests...


The after-math from Dengue; THE RASH!  *itch die me!*



No comments:

Post a Comment