Friday, 22 June 2018

2018 Father's Day Staycation!

22 June 2018


Father's Day staycation is eat, play, sleep and repeat!


This year I planned a family staycation using my birthday treat from one of the emailing promotion - book a deluxe room and get free upgrade to club room!  YAY!


The story goes... I've booked using one of our corporate promotion, that was $150++/night but I didn't know that does not entitle us to use their sheltered infinity pool.  So I had to call up and see if I can get better deals to access their pool - who cares about normal rooftop swimming pools where you can get sheltered outdoor pool 风雨无住 and no need scare 日赛雨林?  So they offered me a top up of an additional $110++/night but the price still costly compared to what I can rebook the same under club room with club access.  Then again, my current booking is non-refundable or non-cancellation... so I was told to write in and my reply was able to transfer my paid sum over to the next booking.  Before I amend my booking, I received a birthday email of booking a deluxe room and get free upgrade to club room and have free breakfast + club access.  Why's not a better deal?


I went down the next day and amend my booking upon check in and guess what - better price coming my way!  The front desk manager checked the current rate for deluxe room was S$189++/night so I only need to top up $39 for club room and gave us early check in at 11.30am and late check out at 4pm!  WOW WOW WOW... and the rest is history.


We've enjoyed our stay so much - having to soak in the pool, Nat get to soak in the tub after each swim and tabao-ed their coke and drinks/snacks during our pit stop to the club lounge.  I could live like this forever.


On our check out day, we had Yakiniku lunch with the fam (invited MIL & FIL over) and Korean BBQ with the folks (in celebration of Father's Day) before we call it a night.


On Sunday, it was a free movie screening - Jurassic World; Fallen Kingdom which I won randomly in one of the Facebook contest!  I really hope we can win the 1N staycation after we had to post one of the photos tagged with their #hashtags. #prayiwin  Then this cycle could go on and on and on and on... LOL!


15 Jun - Our Father's Day staycation begins... #week232 #fathersday2018



15 Jun - Taking a dip in the infinity pool! #week232 #fathersday2018


15 Jun - Pool time, fun time! #week232 #fathersday2018


16 Jun - Free flow of frozen yogurt from the club lounge! #brainfreeze #week232 #fathersday2018


16 Jun - Glimpse of the ecstatic boy taking selfie of his double chin. Priceless! #week232 #fathersday2018


17 Jun - Happy Papa's Day! #week233 #fathersday2018
"I can only add in beard, no space to put moustache" #thingsnathanielsays


Behind-the-scene; making of Father's Day shirt in school...  #week232 #fathersday2018 


#throwback #fathersday2018 celebrations in school where he dressed up like Papa during show and tell! #week232


17 Jun - Jurassic World; Fallen Kingdom #fathersday2018 #fortemovie2018



No comments:

Post a Comment