Sunday, 19 August 2012

August Spree!

19 August 2012

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!  (enjoying holidays for today and tomorrow...!)  Whoopwhoopwhoop.

My birthday pressie for this year came late (two months overdue but better than no come, right?) and I thought I can get myself something during my honeymoon spree but I guessed this is pretty much expensive-er from what I have expected.

It was chanced upon a discussion last weekend with my future SIL on why she is having a breakout on her chins and she explained it might be the use of Clarisonic (perhaps face was too clean after using the brush and causing the breakouts...) and I told her I heard so much raves about the wonders of this brush and will most propably check it out when I am in US to buy too!

So.  Cut the story short...  ah Thiang googled and researched on the cleansing brush with good reviews and he brought me to Sephora the next day to check out this magic brush.  Over the dinner, he decided we he will buy in SG instead so that we he save the hassle of warranty and exchanges issues over the purchase in US although you get them in US for USD149 (1yr warranty) and S$249 from Sephora with a 2yr warranty which is cheaper by S$60...  So we he kinda trade-off the differences in price as the second year warranty for the unit.  Well, guessed I have already have plans in getting the brushes in US... this should be at least 40% off SG pricing!  Yes.  It was a Clarisonic for my this year's birthday pressie!  I did not forget the giant peanut butter cupcake too.  :)  So loved.

Since this is a birthday pressie, I got the sales assistant to gift-wrapped for me and I skinned them apart the moment I got home... just to charge the unit for the next 24hrs for first time use.  #cheapthrills  Me still trying to get used to using a brush while cleaning my face...  :P


It was another weekend dinner date with the Yeo's and he wanted to check out the new mall, JCube in Jurong (but we only managed to explored Francfranc store and the whole mall was closed by the time we finished our shopping!).

We kick-start the long weekend having dinner at Itacho after a good queue of 20mins.  Lacking of service staffs, food selection in the menu was so-so, food also so-so... so, not coming back anytime soon... not worth the queue.

But spree-ing at Francfranc was pretty much exciting to shout about!  I was happily snapping up the plates, mugs, forks, spoons, coasters and table mats on the shelves (not many lah, only 4 sets of each)...  With 40% (or some only 20% discount) storewide plus additional 10%, I totally went crazy!  ah Thiang was very encouraging thou'.  "You sure?  Enough?  How about this... how about that...  Take lor... buy lor."  These were all what he said in store to me! (prease... can he practise the same when we go for our honeymoon spree in two months time, preaseeeee?)  Total damage was slightly over S$300 (with discount somemore!) and he paid for it!  Imagine how much we he will bleed if there is no discount (if no discount, we propably will not buy a single item!?!)?  HAHA.  So, no need imagine.  Will temporary store them in my 娘家 till I stock up more Disney products in the upcoming trip and 'transfer' them over when our new home is ready.  WOW WOW.  Can't wait for the day to come so that I can decorate our home with all my Mickey mouses and Jay Chou displays!!!  #evil

No comments:

Post a Comment