Saturday, 6 July 2013

New Chapter of My Life (1st Trimester)

06 July 2013

One pee changes everything.  Yesh.  I am not just pregnant, I am abdominally challenged.

Because of some pang-tang issues, I cannot announced this 天大的喜事 until I completed my first trimester... and today marks the completion of my first trimester!  So, anyhoots I can only backtrack history alittle...  (sounds like history in the making!)... whoopwhoopwhoop!


On 7 May, two days before my actual period is due, we tested with a home-kit and it turned out positive!  Being kaisu and because 2 test-kit is still somehow cheaper than buying 1 test-kit so we got the dual pack instead but now I am stucked with the other test-kit brand new sitting in the drawer...

To double confirm this great news, we'll have to make our first visit to the Gynae before we can announce our "fruit of labour" to our family!  ah Thiang (now the father of my child) then searched for the nearest Gynae clinic available and it is just across where we stayed!

One week after we tested positive using the home kit, we are here at the Gynae clinic for our first appointment - by then I am already at week 5!  My Gynae, Dr Lee 行医-ed since 1975!  You cannot imagine how lean and young he looked in his attire with matching white shoes (my imagination was a flabby old uncle with fatherly look, in his late fifties)!  I did my first ultrasound scan and to find there is this little 'waterbag' measuring 0.97cm formed inside my womb - and inside the 'waterbag' contained this tiny 'full-stop' size dot!  This.is.Miracle.  My first visit to the Gynae cost us $280 ($120 consultation, $60 medication, $80 ultrascan and $20 lab test)!  I told the father of my child that his/her first photo cost us $80!  *pun-intended*
 
Baby bump and scan at week 5


Another one week later - week 6, we were scheduled for our second appointment.  This time the scan cost abit more, $85... total fees cost us $240 ($120 consultation, $15 medication, $85 ultrascan and S$20 lab test!).  Because Dr Lee was having some difficulty in seeing that little baggage in my womb and the scanning part took alittle bit longer than usual.  My little miracle grew alot more from the first scan but this time there weren't measurement indicated in the print out therefore I am unable to guage how BIG this were.

Baby bump and scan at week 6


We were scheduled for a third appointment - week 9, just one week before we depart for Taiwan.  Good news was that Dr Lee say it is safe travel on my 10weeks!  That means I can go ahead with my babymoon to Taiwan before we are home-bound with the baby!  YAY!  I did a blood test and this round my bill choked to $355 ($120 consultation, $22 medication, $85 ultrascan, blood test $98 and S$20 lab test!).  *cough cough*  Now my little miracle grew much bigger at 2.64cm!  I hope we can see its gender soon...

Baby bump and scan at week 9


Back from our fourth appointment - week 12, this morning... and my little miracle is now measuring 5.94cm, twice the size!  I am checked all OK from my blood test result!  Finally signed up the antenatal package with the clinic and this is the MOST expensive bill we have paid so far from all my consultations - $730 ($650 antenatal package, $45 ultrascan and fish oil $35!).

Baby bump and scan at week 12


Now can finally break this good news to  my close friends one by one... more updates after my fifth appointment - week 15 in three weeks time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment