Monday, 6 February 2012

庆祝元宵,庆团圆!

06 February 2012

元宵节 is also known as Lantern Festival, which is celebrated on the 15th day of the first Chinese lunar month.  It is closely related to Spring Festival.  This is the first time people see the full moon in the New Year.  It is traditionally a time for family reunions.  It is customary to eat special sweet dumplings called "Yuanxiao", round balls known as 汤圆...

Today, we did not have 汤圆 but we were all gathered at gram's house for a reunion feast prepared by Chef Ho aka small uncle!  Such a bliss to have a former-chef to whip up delicious-ly decorated feast (standard can fight among the best few Chinese Restaurants hokay...) for every celebrations like this and I can see that grampa enjoyed tonight's reunion feast, VERY MUCH because he has the BEST appetite among us like never before!!  ++still drooling from the feast...++

After the feast, I was back home unwrapping all my ang baos; my 压岁钱 > unleashing all the cash I have collected from the past 15 days of celebrations!  MUAHAHAHAHA... this will be my last year to have such 'enjoyment' counting my 'earnings' for the New Year...

Chef Ho running the kitchen! / Delicious-ly decorated feast for the reunion / My 2012 压岁钱!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment